From 1 May 2022, the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hanoi will become the 78th guaranteeing organisation member of the World Chambers Federation (WCF)/ATA international guarantee chain.
This has been confirmed by the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and industry in Hanoi and means that:
- ATA Carnets will be accepted by the Customs of Vietnam for the following categories of goods: goods for display or use at exhibitions, fairs, meetings, or similar events
- ATA Carnets are not accepted for transit
- ATA Carnets are not accepted for postal traffic
- ATA Carnets are accepted for both hand carried goods and freight
- Importation in multiple/split consignments is not accepted. However, importing only a part of the goods is allowed under the condition that said imported items are re-exported as one consignment
Other relevant information:
- The Carnet should be written in English. Vietnamese Customs may require translation when Carnets are completed in any other language.
- Replacement Carnets are accepted in accordance with Article 14 of Annex A to the Istanbul. Convention.
- The country code for the front cover details is VN.
- Details for the back cover details (PG 5) are as follows:
- Vietnam (VN) Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hanoi
Please get in touch with the team if you have any questions.