British Chambers of Commerce useful links on Ukraine
Click here to find a list of useful links for support on Ukraine.
News from The Department for International Trade
The UK has announced new economic sanctions against Russia that will deny Russia and Belarus access to Most Favoured Nation tariffs for hundreds of their exports and ban UK exports of high-end luxury goods to both countries. The full press release can be viewed here.
In addition, UK Export Finance has announced it will no longer issue any new guarantees, loans and insurance for exports to Russia and Belarus, whilst retaining £3.5 billion of financial support for trade to Ukraine. You can view the press release here.
A reminder - businesses and traders with questions relating to trading with Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus can submit their enquiries to DIT’s Export Support Service by visiting gov.uk website, or calling the helpline using the number 0300 303 8955.
Suspension of ATA Carnet Operations in Belarus, Russia & Ukraine
Due to the ongoing situation in Ukraine and the subsequent introduction of trade sanctions against Belarus and Russia, please note the following:
- Carnet issuance to Belarus, Russia and Ukraine is suspended until further notice.
- Traders who are already in any of the above countries and unable to re-export their goods before their Carnet expires must apply for a Replacement Carnet.
- Issuing bodies are reminded that the following rules apply to issuance of Replacement Carnets:
- Replacement must be issued before the Original Carnet expires.
- Replacement must be validated by NCU (email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Telephone: 0300 322 7064).
- Original and Replacement Carnets must be presented together to the host Customs, before the Original Carnet expires, so that the liability can be transferred from the Original to Replacement Carnet.
The above rules are effective immediately.
Q&A on Trade with Ukraine, Russia & Belarus
The British Chambers of Commerce team has put together a Q&A on trade with Ukraine, Russia & Belarus, which may be useful. This will be updated as required to reflect any new guidance. Click here to find out more.
Free Support for Humanitarian Aid
ChamberCustoms is offering free export declarations for groups collecting and transporting humanitarian aid out of the UK. Click here for further information.